Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Finally on my own!



My hut is finally done and I could not be happier! It was supposed to be done in September, but as with all construction or home improvment projects it took a little longer than expected...us now being in November!

So I cant write much now but I wanted to post a few photos and say hey...but I gotta run to start the big project of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 100 malnourished volunteers! My friend Adam and I are the two main cooks so we gotta get busy!

So the house was a process but 4 days ago I spent my first night in the hut...and it was awesome. My friend Jon came down from his community an hour up the hill from me, to help me celebrate the big move. We drank wine and cooked dinner over a fogon which is what the Ngobe always use. The great part for us was that we did not have to get out of the hammocks to do the cooking! Really convenient if you ask me!

I gotta run but I just want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you all are spending good time with the familia. I wish I could be there too! Feliz Dia de Gracias! I am grateful that I have so many cool people in my life!

Un abrazo grande,
Wakan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home